Thanks for visiting my blog. I figure you want to know who I am or what I’m doing here so let’s get to the point.
- Who? I am many things, but for purposes of the blog the most relevant are: I am a girl who tries to make time to read for pleasure despite mounting distractions.
- What?! Books aren’t precisely an area of expertise as I have yet to write one, but I do love reading them.
- Why?I feel that a lot of people I have met take reading seriously. As they should. We all read things online to be aware of the world, for work, for school. Mostly I’ve found myself reading to impress other people.
But how many read for pleasure anymore? How many of us go to to the library and close our eyes and pull out something strange, new, interesting without expecting a life-changing, page turner?
As a frighteningly wise eight year old kid once told me: “Sometimes you get ice cream, sometimes you don’t.” When you are a literary adventurer, a true explorer of the word, I think, you take that risk. Sometimes you get an amazing revelatory sort of work, sometimes you don’t.
This is my attempt at exploring the world. One book a week.
- Chick lit, Science Fiction, Non-Fiction, Old Classics, New Classics.
- Books I’ve meant to read, but forgot about.
- Books I told people I read, but didn’t.
- Books I should probably read. Books I probably shouldn’t, but will.
While I read, I’ll share a few of my thoughts. I’ll post book-related silliness, inspiration and sometimes things I come across in life.
Nothing fancy and maybe nothing new.
However, I hope you’ll discover new books, that you’ll laugh with me (although I fully expect for you to laugh at me at times as well), and that you’ll consider this blog a home for your thoughts, too.
Perhaps this bit of cyberspace will try to remind people that books can be fun and that the whole experience doesn’t end when you close the book and put it back on the shelf. Whether it’s a good or bad book, something or other always pops up afterwards.
As Gilda Radner once said, “It’s always something.”